Parfums Christian Dior pays particular attention to the processing, confidentiality and safety of your personal data.
This aim of this privacy charter is to provide you with clear, simple and complete information about how we process the personal data you give us or the data we may collect while you are browsing our website, how it may be transferred to third parties and your rights and options to control your personal information and protect your privacy.
Parfums Christian Dior Orient FZCO a company duly organized under the laws of the United Arab Emirates with headquarters located at PO Box 17200, Dubai, United Arab Emirates is the data controller of personal data collected on the Website, in shops and counters in the sense of regulations applying to personal data, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (hereinafter the “GDPR”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act 4 of 2013 ) (“POPIA”)
What is personal data?
Personal data is any information about an identified physical person or a physical person that may be directly or indirectly identified via an identification number or one or more elements particular to them, such as their last name, first name, date of birth, customer number, order number, photo, etc.
When can we collect your personal data?
We can collect your personal data when you:
– create a customer account on our website, apps, or in our stores;
– order goods from our website;
– make purchases in stands in stores;
– join our loyalty program;
– agree to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, SMS or post, depending on your selection;
– answer surveys or satisfaction questionnaires based on your customer experience;
– interact with our Company via its official page on social networks or when we suggest re-use of content that you have published on a social network;
– contact our customer service;
– send requests for information to our Company;
– take part in an event we organize;
– browse on the Internet using cookies or similar technology or when you click on advertisements for our products.
What personal data might we collect?
(i) As part of the services we provide, we may need to collect certain data directly from you using electronic forms on our website, mobile apps or in selected stores, or in paper form, for a range of purposes (see IV for a list of processing purposes).
Information we might collect includes:
– Your identity (e.g. name, date of birth etc.)
– Your contact details (e.g. email address, phone number, address etc.)
– Your personal preferences in relation to the products we market or to our website (language);
– Information relating to your orders, their tracking and your purchase invoices;
– Information you may provide for our customer service;
– Specific health data if you notify us of any undesirable side-effects concerning any of our products and/or if you proceed to undergo a skincare treatment in one of our institute or corner, when applicable;
– Your bank details if you place an order via our website;
Personal data essential to Parfums Christian Dior is marked with an asterisk on all personal data collection forms on our website, in electronic form at some of our counters and stores, as well as off-line in paper form. If you do not fill in these compulsory fields, Parfums Christian Dior will probably be unable to respond to your request and/or provide you with the requested services. Other information is optional and enables us to get to know you better and improve our communications and services with respect to you.
(ii) We may also collect certain data generated by your purchases of products or services, online or in stores, particularly information regarding the amount and type of your purchases.
(iii) Lastly, we may collect information regarding the use of our website, especially with respect to your browsing (pages visited, links clicked, etc.). Some of this information may be collected using cookies placed in your web browser when you browse our website. For more information about cookies, read our Cookies policy.
For what purpose is your personal data collected and used?
Parfums Christian Dior processes your data to:
– enable you to create a customer account on our website, applications and at our counters and in our stores;
– manage your access to your customer account on the Internet or our applications;
– process and manage your online orders and their delivery;
– record purchases made at our counters or in our stores; secure online transactions, prevent fraud, payment incidents and manage debt collection (see our terms and conditions for more details;
– manage customer relations with respect to any requests for information or complaints you may send us via our website, customer service or social network pages;
– manage our loyalty program;
– trace and manage any alerts you may send us as part of our cosmetic vigilance obligations or, when applicable, when you proceed to undergo a skincare treatment;
– manage and optimize your customer experience by improving our knowledge of our customers;
– propose appropriate, tailored services, particularly when we enhance our products and services;
– conduct statistical analyses to develop management, measuring and reporting tools in order to adjust and improve our sales, marketing and product manufacturing;
– subject to your consent, send you information on our offers, news and events on your chosen communication media;
– manage your participation in any events to which you have signed up;
What legal grounds legitimize the processing of your data?
Parfums Christian Dior processes your personal information:
– to perform the contract agreed between yourself and Parfums Christian Dior, to manage your access to your customer account and to process and track your orders;
– within the framework of its legitimate interest for the purposes of marketing management, securing its digital media (websites, applications, etc.) and combating fraud;
– when you have given your consent for the processing of your data, especially for the purposes of managing our sales prospection, and of your browsing data via cookies, etc.
– within the framework of compliance with our legal obligations and as may be applicable in the relevant jurisdiction, particularly fiscal obligations (conserving purchase invoices) and cosmetic vigilance with regard to Regulation (EU) 1223/2009 of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products;
Who are the recipients of your personal data?
Your personal data is processed by the personnel of Parfums Christian Dior. We ensure that only authorized persons within Parfums Christian Dior have access to your personal data when this is necessary for the purpose of managing our commercial relations or meeting our legal obligations.
We may also share your personal data with;
– other Parfums Christian Dior subsidiaries;
– other entities of the LVMH Group, with some of these entities acting as data processors;
– subcontractors, and service providers such as site hosting and maintenance service providers and the providers of our electronic personal data collection solutions at counters and in stores
By way of example and transparency Parfums Christian Dior is using INSERT COMPANIES NAMES OF THE SUPPLIERS USED LOCALLY
– payment service providers;
– anti-fraud service providers;
– logistic service providers;
– marketing solution service providers;
– sales prospection and social network communication service providers;
– customer service providers;
– service providers for managing cosmetic vigilance alerts;
– event organization service providers;
Lastly, Parfums Christian Dior may need to share your personal data with third parties to meet its legal, regulatory or treaty obligations, or to respond to requests from authorized legal authorities.
Transferring data abroad
Some recipients of your personal data may be located abroad, including outside of the European Economic Area.
All data transfers outside of the European Economic Area are subject to appropriate guarantees, especially contractual, technical and organizational guarantees, that comply with applicable regulations relating to the protection of personal data.
How long do we keep your data?
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
Under current regulations, particularly the GDPR and POPIA, you have the right to access and correct your personal data, request erasure, object to processing on legitimate grounds and obtain limitation or portability, insofar as this is applicable.
You can exercise these rights directly with Parfums Christian Dior by sending an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, copy to email@example.com including a document proving your identity.
If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive details of our offers, news and events, you can unsubscribe using the hypertext link provided for this purpose in each mail we send you.
THE E-BOUTIQUE SERVICES
Enjoy complimentary Standard shipping
ART OF GIFTING
Your gift orders will be presented in an iconic Dior gift box